Monday, May 27, 2013

Ups and downs...

Sounds like he had an interesting and a bit frustrating week!!

Hey everyone! happy memorial day!
I hope that you are all doing great! It sounds like it was a pretty good
week so that is really good!
This last week here was pretty crazy! overall good! We had a baptism this
week. A 19 year old guy named Kevin Torres. He is super cool! The
missionaries started teaching him about 2 days before I got to Caparra, and
we have been teaching him since. It was really cool to see how much he
likes the church and everything. He is a really nice and sincere guy. Elder
Nadauld and I were very excited about him being able to get baptized.
This week I also crashed my bike one day because there was a ton of rain.
It broke the gear shifter right off of my bike and the back tire fell off
while I was riding it. It was pretty crazy. So then we were walking a lot
for two days, and on Friday I had to take it to get fixed at the bike
store. 60 bucks later I have a good bike again so that is good! haha.
Another thing that was really cool that happened this week was that we had
a meeting with a guy that just moved into our ward a couple weeks ago and
his wife. His name is brother lee and he is a former mission president and
a former 70, so it was a pretty sweet appointment. He is a really cool guy
that knows a ton!
I got the package with the shirts in it too! Thanks so much for that! It
saved my life cus it rained litterally all week and my clothes did not have
a chance to dry haha but I had new shirts so it was no problem!
I did not hear anything from the Kirks or get to see them. That is a
bummer!
Well I don't have a ton of time cus it is another holiday :( but at least
today is a real holiday haha.
Well I love you and miss you all! Talk to you soon! Happy memorial day!
love,
Elder Searle

No comments:

Post a Comment