Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day!

Well as you know, Elder Searle was able to call home today!  It was awesome!  He was supposed to call at 2:00 but he actually called at 1:00!  Thankfully we had decided to leave church early just in case.  So glad we did.  So, I got to talk to him for quite a while.  We had a total of about 45 minutes on the phone and another 45 minutes of Skype.  It was totally awesome!!!  He is really happy!  He looks really good and he sounds really good.  I was just so happy for him today.  I am happy to report that I didn't even cry when I talked to him.  I know, I know, it is truly a miracle.  Anyway, things are going great for him.  He loves the people and he loves the food.  Right now it is the beginning of the rainy season and it rains a ton!!  He said that is better than it being so hot though.  The bad thing is that  they don't have a dryer and they are supposed to just hang their clothes outside to dry.  Well, they never dry!!  Haha. Another bad thing is that he hurt his ankle really bad on Wednesday.  He thought he broke it but now he things he may have just torn something!  He showed it to us and it doesn't look very good...poor kid!!  Hopefully it feels better soon!!  So, we surprised him and had the nieces and nephews here so they could Skype with him.  It was pretty cool!!  Not everyone was here, but it was still cool!  I think he loved it!  Also, Amanda came up and so he got to see her too!  It was a good day!  I still miss him like crazy but this definitely will help me get through the next little while. I am so thankful for modern technology and mostly for Skype!!!!  What a great Mothers Day I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment