Monday, February 11, 2013

He sounds so awesome!!!

Got this great e-mail from Maveric today...I think he sounds like he is doing great!!!



Hey everyone!
I hope that you are all doing great! Sounds like life is still more or less the same in Utah. That is sweet about Jordan Warburton's mission call and Brooklyn's cheer competition! Sounds like it was overall a pretty good week.
This week was pretty crazy here! I got the flu which was not fun, especially on Friday when I was feeling crappy and had to ride 37 miles on my bike, but I feel a lot better now so I am glad about that! Also we got to have the visit from Neil L. Anderson on Saturday which was incredible! It almost got cancelled though which was kind of scary haha. On friday morning we all got called saying that it had been cancelled and moved to Monday because their flight got cancelled by the huge storm in New York. So that was a huge bummer. But then at 8:30 Friday night they called us again and told us that the meeting was back on cus he was able to find a flight after all!!
The meeting was great. I got to meet Elder Anderson and shake his hand and talk just a little bit with him. It was really really cool. And then he gave his whole devotional in Spanish. Well kind of Spanish...he speaks 5 languages and he pretty much just mixed them all together when he couldn't remember the Spanish but it was really cool. It was great too he just talked and taught about just normal stuff. His entire lesson was about the Atonement of Christ, and honestly it was just one of the coolest experiences I have ever had in my life!
Other than that I passed the 6 month mark so that is good! haha. the last two months have gone by way faster than the first two months here did, and from what I hear they keep going faster and faster.
Today was transfers again. I am staying in Arroyo! But I got a new companion named Elder Rivas from Mexico. It was a pretty crazy morning. When they called us last night they told me that I would be training a different missionary, also from Mexico, and then when we got to the stake center to pick him up today we found out that I am working with Elder Rivas instead, and another Elder who lives with us will be training the new Elder. And then we heard like 5 different things from the Zone Leaders and the AP's about what was going on and we had no idea what was happening so we just got sent back to our area pretty much with the new elders coming to the area. Then about 30 minutes ago President Alverado called me and told me that I am District Leader now...and also that we are going to go ride bikes some morning this week from a city called Patillas to a city called Salinas, which are the boarders of the district I am in charge of. And that is super super far...so that should be fun! haha. I wouldn't be too upset if he was kidding about that! Especially because he wants to leave at 5 in the morning! But yeah. So for now I am staying in arroyo, as the District leader for 3 areas, with Elder Rivas as my companion. I am excited because Elder Rivas is really cool!
Well that is about what has been going on here this week! I hope that you all have a great week!
Love you and miss you all. Talk to you next week!
Love,
Elder Searle





No comments:

Post a Comment