Monday, February 18, 2013

First week as District Leader

This is the email we got today!  Sounds like he had a bit of a long week!!!


Hey everyone!
I hope that you all are doing well! It sounds like things are going pretty good this week so that is great! Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend down in Ephraim. That is great that Ty got ordained to be an Elder this week! Hopefully he will be joining me here in Puerto Rico soon! haha.
This week has been kind of long here. I had a lot of days of waking up early, like 4 am or earlier, so I am a little bit tired haha. But it was a pretty good week still! Not too much super exciting happened though. It was just a week full of riding the bikes around talking to people. You know...the usual. The last 3 days have been 30 miles or more on the bikes so my legs are a little bit tired right now, but we were able to get to all of the people that we had to visit so that was good! Other than that the only thing that was super different this week was that on Thursday I was in a leadership meeting all day with all of the other District and Zone Leaders in the mission. That was a pretty neat experience. It was a little weird because I felt like I didn't really know what I was doing, since most of the other people there have been in Puerto Rico over a year and I have only been here 4 months, but it was still really cool. I felt like I was able to learn a lot so that was great!
Most of the week I was pretty much just introducing my new companion to all of the members and investigators in our area. It was definitely a different experience to be the person deciding all of the things that we were going to do, and be showing someone else around for a change. But it was really cool and I liked it haha. Well this coming week should be pretty good. We should be teaching more people this week than we did last week and that always makes the week better! I hope that you all have a great week! I love you and miss you all! Talk to you next week.
Love,
Elder searle

No comments:

Post a Comment