Monday, June 17, 2013

Dengue:(

Hey everyone!
How are you all doing? Hopefully really well! It sounds like you all had a pretty good week so that is great! I am super glad! 
The last week here was kind of rough. I definitely got some pretty solid dengue. I am getting better now though, just really tired and sore still, but it definitely wasn't the funnest week haha. I had a fever all week, the highest that it got was up to 101.2 when I was on Tylenol, and dengue is super painful and exhausting! Way worse than mono! but now my fever is gone and my stomach is not upset anymore and things are looking good! On Wednesday I had to go get bloodwork done though because I started bleeding out of my gums really bad. I brushed my teeth and was just spitting out mouthfuls of blood for a couple minutes. My blood platelets were low, but not low enough that I had to go to the hospital or anything, I just had to stay in the house and sleep for the rest of the day. Other than that there wasn't anything too exciting with the dengue haha, just had to drink a lot and take tylenol, and I was supposed to rest if my fever got over 100 when I was on Tylenol. Pretty fun stuff haha. Turns out that staying in the house for any longer than 45 minutes is terrible!! My whole body hurt so it was hard to fall asleep cus it was super uncomfortable and there is very little to do as a missionary in your house haha. I read the whole Book of Mormon in a week, and quite a bit in the Bible as well haha. But now it is all good cus I should be back to normal this week!
Things are good though! There is a really cool family that came to church yesterday that we have been teaching and things are going good with them! Everyone is getting a little excited here because we get a new mission president in 2 weeks so that is going to be pretty exciting and different. Other than that though it is all normal! I got the package with the mosquito net and stuff in it! But I already had the dengue haha. I really liked it though! Thank you!
Well I hope that you all have a great week! I love you and miss you all so much! talk to you soon!
love,
Elder Searle




I hate that he was so sick:(

No comments:

Post a Comment